Sunday 6 December 2009

918 meals


It has been a while since I last posted. The main reason is that, in addition to running the B & B, I was doing the catering for a residential trip with the school where I used to teach. This involved making hot meals for 102 people for two nights in a log cabin in the Lake District, and catering for 918 meals in total! I turned to my favourite chefs for recipes and the children enjoyed Delia Smith, James Martin and Nigella Lawson dishes. One of the favourites, and very popular with B & B guests too, was James Martin's chocolate brownie recipe, available here at http://www.uktv.co.uk/ . I make this a lot, it freezes well, you can double up the quantities, it is very good served at room temperature, and even better warmed.


Outside my log cabin there were pheasants and when I got home I was delighted to see that the pheasants have returned to our garden at Number Fifteen. I haven't managed to get a good photo of them in the garden yet, but these three were just by the golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment